Friday, May 9, 2014

Viggle Tips for MyGuy May 9, 2014

Well...since I have some followers who are watching my favorite sport (The NBA) I thought I would jot down my thoughts since I won't be able to watch most the games tonight.

*This is for those who play MyGuy through the Viggle app. If you don't Viggle, go ahead and comment me and I'll explain that later. 

I'm doing well on MyGuy this year, I think getting +250 every quarter is not a problem if you're watching live. Here are some tricks I use and what I think will happen in tonight's games. (I will not be watching because of prior engagements)

Tips:
Viggle gets a true "live" feed. We get a delayed feed of about 10-15 seconds. So unlike NFL and NCAA, there is no lag, do not try switching between plays, you will almost always be late.

At the end of the quarter (especially half time) just pick a player. When the quarter starts, you'll already have someone.

Big guys tend to do better. They handle the ball less (less turnovers) they take close range higher percentage shots (less missed shots to break a streak) and they tend to grab more rebounds and blocks.

Superstars are the key to this game. Superstars tend to get hot (build a streak), offensive plays run through them (more opportunities to score or get assists) and they tend to take more foul shots (2 made FTs is 2 more added to a streak)

Ends of quarters generally have the free throws. It's when enough fouls have been called to be in the penalty. If you see a guy get fouled on a shot attempt or after 5 fouls in a quarter they'll go to the line and you can switch.

In close games, superstars will stay in until the end. In super close games (within 3 points) there tends to be more fouls near the end. The last 2 minutes can be filled with lots of free throw attempts. In blowout games, they tend to send bench players in the last 3 minutes, and there are rarely foul shots. Knowing what bench players might put up shots so they can get some glory stats is good too.

Watching games will help you because you can see who is on the bench and not. However, you can pick and choose just one guy each quarter and you may be able to do well, Superstars tend to get hot and can rack up 150 points easy with 4 or 5 plays.

Pacers at Wizards (8ET ESPN) 
George (Points B, Rebounds B-, Assists C+, Steals B-, Blocks C+)
Wall (Points B, Rebounds C+, Assists B, Steals B+)
Beal (Points B-, Asts B-, Get on a streak B)
West (Points B, Rebounds B-, Blocks C-)
Nene (Points B-, Rebounds B-, Blocks C-)
Hibbert (depends....on a good day: Pts: B-, Rebs: A, Blks A)

1st Quarter- Paul George (Pacers) and John Wall (Wiz) are the best players in this game. I think the Wizards will win so I'm starting off w/ Wizards players. I don't trust Wall/George/Beal enough to choose them, they're good, but I don't know if they'll keep a streak up. Beal/Wall don't get a lot of blocks, George may get one. So let's look at the big men. Hibbert is interesting because he had a good game last time, but he's been an afterthought for a month now.... but i'm avoiding him. Gortat is inconsistent too, but he's a good source for blocks maybe. So that leaves me with Hilario (Wiz) and West (Pacers). Very similar players offensively, don't grab a huge amount or rebounds, and they don't block too many shots. But since I think the Wizards win...

My Pick: Hilario
Other considerations: George, West or Wall, Beal
Wildcard: Hibbert

2nd quarter-
This is where most of the starters start to take breaks. In both games the Pacers had 2 subs score some points in the second quarter, Watson and Turner both are good options. For Washington, their subs are generally not great. Beal was in to start the second both games but didn't do anything really special. He is probably one of the better players though and might get hot. If you're watching the game you can switch a little more when players sub in and sub out here. Halfway through (the 6 minute mark) teams go back to their starters.

My Pick: Beal...by default
Other considerations: Turner, Watson (for the first 6 minutes of the qtr) or anyone from the first quarter you liked.

3rd quarter-
Starters again. We have one half of evidence and we can kind of see who's playing well.

My Pick: Probably Hilario (Unless I see someone with a good game)

4th quarter-
Unless it's a huge blowout, the starters will be here too. Free throw shooting is important here, luckily for us, there isn't anyone here with a god awful free throw percentage, so I would switch to whoever is shooting free throws. (Treat overtime like the 4th)

My Pick: Probably Hilario (Unless I see someone with a good game)

Thunder At Clippers (10:30 ET ESPN)
Durant (Points A++, Rebounds B, Assists B, Free throws A)
Westbrook (Pts B+, Rebs B+, Asts B+, Free Throws B) 
Paul (Points B, Rebs C, Assists A, Steals B)
Griffin (Points B+, Rebs A-, Blocks B-)

1st quarter-
This game is much more interesting and has 4 bonafide superstars that you can ride all game if you want. Thunder: Durant/Westbrook Clippers: Paul/Griffin If DeAndre Jordan goes to the FT line DO NOT pick him...he is awful there.

My Pick: Durant... he's the best player on the court, he can shoot lights out so he can get a streak easily and he's amazing.
Other Considerations: Griffin, Paul, Westbrook (Westbrook will probably sub out near the end of the first, Paul will follow him shortly after)

2nd quarter-
Again, the stars sit a little bit out, but Westbrook's had two good quarters the last game. That's who I'm rolling with.

My Pick: Westbrook
Others: Another star, Crawford (clippers)
Wildcard: Crawford (when he gets hot, he gets HOT)

3rd and 4th-
Even though I think the Clippers win, Durant is just too good.

My Pick: Kevin Durant (rarely misses free throws too)

2 comments:

  1. My scores increased 100% tonight! Thanks for the great info. It really helped having the background on the players going in! What a blast it was for me to earn big Viggle points without having to chase the players and the plays, getting a heart attack! ♥

    ReplyDelete