Tuesday, May 20, 2014

MyGuy Miyagi 5/20/14 The Pace is Heating up

New to MyGuy? Check out our tips section Here.

It's time to change the advice I will be giving. Unless something drastic changes, I'll be picking James/Durant for the most part. The reason is because those are the two most trustworthy players left. Today's article will focus on recapping the series up to this point and changing in-game strategies.

Feel free to follow @HuuMyGuy. I make real time changes based on what I'm watching. I predict what I think could happen in this article but team's game plan differently. Game 1 of Spurs/Thunder, I had to make decisions to switch off Durant to go to Duncan and Westbrook because the game plan played differently. The live interaction is pretty fun too.

Heat at Pacers (8:30ET ESPN) 

Pacers
Paul George (Points B, Rebounds B-, Assists C+, Steals B-, Blocks C+)
Good Hibbert (Pts: B-, Rebs: A, Blks A) 
Bad Hibbert (Pts: D-, Rebs: F, Blks C-, Playing Time: D)
West (Pts B, Rebs B-, Blks C-)
Stephenson (B-, Rebs B, Asts B, Streak: B)

Heat
James (Points A, Rebounds B, Assists B, Blocks B-, Steals B-, Free Throw % B, Streak A-)
Bosh (Pts B, Rebs B+, Blks B, FT% B, Streak B)
Wade (Pts B-, Rebs C, Asts B-. FT% B-, Streak B-)
Protect Your Points Player (When you hit 150 in a quarter): Bynum (Pacers)  What is the PYP Player?

Indiana put a pretty good whooping on Miami last game. This has been a tough series all year long for both teams (could go the distance... maybe 7 MyGuys for us to play). Indiana is a tough defensive team when they are playing well. James had a pretty good game but he's definitely had much better games. Bosh was non-existent. This is because the Pacers make it hard for these teams to score. The reason I stick with James is because he's the very best player on the court. That's not saying he will be the best MyGuy player every quarter, he's just the safest bet to do well anytime he's on the court. He had a very rough 6 minutes to start the quarter then rocked off 150 points to end the quarter. I tend to stay on the safe side to ensure that I get some points per quarter.

Tier 1- Lebron James (My Pick).
He is the safest pick to at least score 50 a quarter. He usually is on the bench in the 2nd quarter for about the first 6 minutes and the 4th quarter for about 3 minutes. I would feel comfortable staying on James a little longer because I don't trust the Tier 2 guys as much. However, if I sense a Tier 2 guy REALLY picking up steam I'll switch for the quarter. It will take a lot for me to switch off James, because of this blogpost. I will most likely return to James at the start of the quarter. If you are not actively playing and just want to pick a player and leave, James is the safest bet.

Tier 2- Chris Bosh, Paul George, Lance Stephenson, Good Hibbert, Dwyane Wade
Bosh- Bosh was awful in game 1. But he's an all-star caliber player. A bad game may motivate him to play REALLY well tonight. I'm keeping an eye on him. Especially when James is on the bench.

Stephenson- Stephenson played VERY well at the start of the second quarter last game. This is because he was one of the top 2 guys on the court. West, Hibbert, George, and James were on the bench for most of this part of the 2nd quarter. If that happens again, Stephenson could do it again.

Good Hibbert- Is very steady...when he's good. I cannot in good conscience tell you he's going to be good. He does matchup well against the Heat though.

Tier 3-George Hill
Had a good game last game.... so he's not due for another good one till game 4? Bad Hibbert is in tier 7.





No comments:

Post a Comment