Wednesday, May 21, 2014

MyGuy Miyagi 5/21/14: Thundering Spurts of Basketball

New to MyGuy? Check out our tips section Here.

Feel free to follow @HuuMyGuy. I may use this chatroom to ...well chat live about the game. http://chatwing.com/myguytweets These feeds are helpful because as I'm watching the game, I can see if my original advice holds true or if we need to make a change. If you're not an active MyGuy player and just want to pick a player and leave, you probably don't need to follow along, but my active players find the live help makes them so...happy:


Thunder Vs Spurs 9:00 ET TNT

Spurs
Duncan (Pts A-, Rebs A-, Blks A-, FT% C, Streak B)
Parker (Pts A-, Asts A-, Stls B-, FT% B, Streak B-)
Leonard (Pts B-, Rebs B, Asts C, Steals B, FT% B, Streak B-)
Thunder
Durant (Points A++, Rebounds B, Assists B, Free throws A, Streak A-)
Westbrook (Pts B+, Rebs B+, Asts B+, FT % B, Streak B) 
PYP: Protect Your Points Player (When you hit 150 in a quarter): Ibake (Thunder) What is the PYP Player?

Serge Ibaka getting hurt was a big blow for this Thunder team last game. Tim Duncan OWNED the first half. Tony Parker didn't look too injured either. Kawhi Leonard did a fairly good job on Kevin Durant as Durant did not get on many streaks in that first half.

In the second half, the Thunder rolled more coverage onto Duncan and he wasn't getting easy baskets anymore. Russell Westbrook is what we call "a streaky player." If he gets one or two shots to go down, he can get on a roll really quickly. In the third, I sensed this, and against my own advice of switching too quickly, recommended that we go to Westbrook. It paid off for those of us who did.

My Pick: Durant (all 4 quarters) Last game wasn't his best, but he still wasn't awful (until the 4th quarter). The Spurs can get their production from almost anyone. They spread it around a lot more than the Thunder who rely HEAVILY on Durant and Westbrook to carry them. That's why I feel comfortable going with Durant anytime he's on the court. He bit me the last quarter, but he's going to be steady. But if I see another Tier 1 player start to catch fire, I wouldn't mind switching.

Tier 1 Players (Other players I would switch Durant out for)

  • Duncan - He'll take random breaks throughout the game. Usually sits at the start of the second quarter.
  • Parker - He'll take random breaks throughout the game.
  • Westbrook - He's breaks usually come at the end of the 1st and end of the 3rd quarters. I like him when Durant is out because he has to shoulder the offensive load for the Thunder. When Durant is in, he sometimes hogs the ball and it hurts Durant's numbers, but if it gets down to a close game, Durant will be fine. 

Tier 2 Players


  • Leonard - Leonard gets his streaks too...but he is sneaky about it. It's not always scoring, but he will grab steals and blocks too. If Durant is out and the other Tier 1 guys are also out or not doing well, then I like him as my pick.
  • Ginobili - If he is shooting well he can be a great streak builder.

No comments:

Post a Comment