Thursday, May 29, 2014

MyGuy Miyagi: Thunder Rolls, and the Lightning Strikes 5/29/2014


If you are trying out MyGuy for the first time, we have some Guidelines and Tips to help you out.

Follow along on twitter: @HuuMyGuy. When I can I tweet out who I start with each quarter, when I make changes and when the stars are on the bench. We also have this chat room set up. Here we just chat about the game, switch to players shooting free throws and I can answer questions live, whether about strategy or questions about the game in general. I recommend popping in before hand to see if you can get in. Most people who logged in through twitter were able to get in just fine. I also think you can use Facebook to log in.

My softball game is at 8 EST, and the game starts at 9 EST...so hopefully I only miss the first quarter. My Theoretical Schedule is:
Thursday 5/29: Miss the first quarter?
Friday 5/30: For 3.5 quarters, I am at your disposal.
Saturday 5/31: I should be available

Thunder Vs Spurs 9 ET TNT

Spurs
Duncan (Pts A-, Rebs A-, Blks A-, FT% B, Streak B)
Parker (Pts A-, Asts A-, Stls B-, FT% B, Streak B-)
Leonard (Pts B-, Rebs B, Asts C, Steals B, FT% B, Streak B-)
Thunder
Durant (Points A++, Rebounds B, Assists B, Free throws A, Streak A-)
Westbrook (Pts B+, Rebs B+, Asts B+, FT % B, Streak B) 

PYP: Protect Your Points Player (When you hit 150 in a quarter): Kabongo (Spurs) What is the PYP Player?

I'm only going to touch briefly on the last game because I'll have to use most my ammo in tomorrow's blog. But what you saw from James is an aberration. He's one of the two top players in the NBA right now, the other? Kevin Durant. GASP, he's in this game! This will be an interesting game 5, the Spurs have been the best team all season. They looked GREAT so far these playoffs. But Oklahoma beat them FOUR times in the regular season and when Ibaka came back in Game 3, the game changed.

My Pick- Durant
Durant scored 750 by himself last game! Is he capable of doing this, any given night? Yes.. Yes he is. which is why I roll with him any chance I get. But we're back in San Antonio for game 5. I think Durant will be fine. The Spurs might change defenders on him, I think he'll still get his points, but the defensive change might affect how his team does. Meaning, his assists might go down (not a big deal) and he'll be forced to throw up more shots (if he takes worse shots, he'll miss more, breaking streaks). He might give us a quarter where he only scores +100....but hey, it's better than 0. Maybe the Spurs change the defense to disrupt him and maybe it won't matter, but if he has a bad 3/4 quarter, this is who I go to.

Other 1st Tier guys- (Guys I would switch for Durant if Durant was a bit off)
  • Duncan: Duncan has been less effective since Ibaka has been back. But he hasn't been bad, far from it. He may not get over 150 points each quarter by himself. But he'll be steady, he won't get many turnovers and his free throw shooting has improved. If the game was wonky, Duncan is the very likely to be steady.
  • Parker: Parker went from a bad game in game 3, to a mediocre game in game 4. Part of it was the Spurs got blown out early in the second half so he didn't play much, but he did start off the game pretty well. In San Antonio, if he (and the spurs) get hot, I could see a switch to him.
  • Westbrook: Westbrook does what Westbrook does. He got hot late in the game, and got his stats. He'll do that from time to time.
Tier 2 guys- (I would hesitate switching a superstar out for them, but if they were hot)
  • Ibaka: So he's fine. 9 pts, 8 rebs, and 3 blocks....he'll get you 150 by himself...but when?
  • Ginobili: He should be better, playing at home.
  • Leonard: Hard to analyze his last game. Spurs get blown out, so he doesn't play much. I like him when the Tier 1 guys are out. He brings pts, rebs, asts, stls, blks to the mix.
The safe pick is Durant. Let's not get mad if he doesn't get +250 again each quarter...he's human. I think he'll well in the first, and he didn't sit very much last game. He actually took some different breaks.

My Rank
1- Durant (Safest pick)
2- Duncan (Safe and conservative game)
3- Parker (Bounce back game)
4- Leonard (I like his game, I think he will step up. Too scared to put him above Duncan though)
5- Westbrook (He'll have a couple good quarters, he'll have a quarter that can absolutely be awful.)

Junk Time guys to watch (if the game is a blowout)
I don't think it will be...but you never know.
The Spurs have been rolling out Ayers, Bonner, Bellinelli and Joseph pretty regularly when games get out of hand all playoffs long.

  • Ayers will get you cheap offensive rebounds, rebounds and maybe a block. He is AWFUL at the free throw line. 
  • Bonner is actually a great 3 point shooter and he's tall enough for rebounds. He did the best of the junk time guys last game.
  • Bellinelli actually gets regular minutes in the middle of the game. But he's also not out there to "pad his stats" and get his numbers. He is an EXCELLENT free throw shooter though.
  • Joseph is a guy I always think will go and get his number at the end of the game...he rarely has though. But he is the point guard so the plays go through him.

As for Thunder players.

  • Lamb- Remember game 2? Lamb went out and got his. He's talented enough to score. In Game 3 he grabbed three steals in limited time. I like him the best.
  • Fisher- A point guard, good free throw shooter and can get assists. 
  • Adams- This kid has been playing well. He can score, get rebounds and block shots...killer at the free throw line though.

No comments:

Post a Comment