Monday, November 26, 2012

Ways to make the some extra cash

Remember your first Lemonade stand? You grabbed your sugar, your lemons, and you sat outside your block with your sign that said "Lemonade .25 cents" (or .20 cents in my case. Had to undercut the competition, also i wrote swithed the "n" and the "m" in lemonade. Cuteness branded). Your first adventure into the business world all begin with that sign.

Some of us go into the creative marketing to make extra money. I've thought countless times that I should just sell my body for sex. It's a win-win. They get sex, and I get a bowling team. But that's a different story. I met a young entrepeneur whose sign caught my eye.

I think they could sell "Sports" if they wanted to as well.



(Yeah... didn't feel like editing out my mistakes either)

How many of us here has thought about doing that? Probably a good amount. I thought this was a good idea that took some moxy. You can't really just sit there with a sign, you have to market the sign. I've bet we have all wondered if this would work. I know I have. (Video 2 below)
Friends playing together, and working together!

(If only I was a little more articulate)

So a little work, and patience, good planning, and you can make a little extra cash. Of course, pulling the whole "poor college student" card didn't hurt.
Nothing like making some extra cash $$$$$
It was quite an experience talking with these girls. A nice idea, but more importantly a fun way to spend Black Friday. Something I like about Black Friday is tradition. This could become a tradition for these friends to get together after Thanksgiving every year and grab a spot in line with a sign.

Yes, they ended up selling all four of their spots. (How did 3 girls get 4 spots?.... I don't ask those type of questions.) They didn't just sit around, every time a car drove by, the sign was being featured. They walked up and down the line talking to people, that's marketing. I did hear from one of the customers saying it was money well spent as they got the 50" TV they wanted. So the girls got to bed early and got to experience Black Friday in a new way. Black Friday can be fun!

Quick funny story: As I was getting their info so I could redirect them here, one of the girls asked me if I had Facebook. Joking around with them I pretended I didn't know what Facebook was (But that I had my own blog). One of her friends says "He doesn't have an accent, I'm sure he is from here." ...... Good to see I still have that effect on people.

I will soon be moving all my "bargain hunting" based blogs from Blog-ahol and into a new Black Friday Diva section. So look for that soon. Give me a follow here on Blog-ahol and hit me up on twitter @blackfridaydiva!

No comments:

Post a Comment