Tuesday, November 16, 2010

PS3 Black Friday bundles

Are you in the game? This is for all the gamers out there. As you may or may not know, my personal preference to gaming systems lies with the Playstation 3. This comes from not only only the PS2 and an Xbox, but also from working at Best Buy. I saw a lot more Xbox 360s come back due to "technical" hardware problems then I did PS3's. I think it's just a better machine, and has more longevity than an Xbox. Also, I'm not a Halo guy, so whatever right. I've had a couple people ask me about the Playstation 3 bundles that will be on sale Black Friday, so I scoured the ads, and this is what I found.

*The PS3 bundles are all the 160 GB hard drive and are priced at $299.99

Best Buy

Little Big Planet

MadNation Racing

Cars (Blu Ray movie)

Wal Mart

Bundled with 2 games

Uncharted 2 &

Medal of Honor

K Mart

Uncharted 2

Karate Kid (Blu Ray movie)

Shooter Voucher (whatever that is)

Target

Star Wars II: The Force Unleashed

Prince of Persia (Blu Ray Movie)

Hastings

$25 Gift Card with purchase

Okay, let me just give you my quick philosophy on PS3 bundles. Don't get excited about one store offering one more game than another store. In this case it's quantity over quality. Just because Best Buy is doing 2 games and 1 blu ray, doesn't make it better than Hastings 25 gift card deal. Unless it's a game you really want, don't be fooled by the numbers game. These games have no resale value, so you can't bring the games back and return them for store credit. I don't think GameStop can take these games either. So unless you can sell them online (for minimal value) you won't be making money off the extras. If the Game or Blu Ray does interest you, then by all means, buy the bundle.

But if not, maybe looking into "pre Black Friday" sales. Some stores were doing PS3/Move bundles and receiving a $50 gift card back. The week after they were giving out a free PS3 controller with the purchase of ANY size PS3. (A controller is usually 49.99 as well.) These sales might be more useful to you. And you wouldn't have to stand in line either. Keep looking...my guess is this weekend there will be ANOTHER bundle that might be better for you.

Also, if you're looking to buy the 320 GB size....well, it looks like Black Friday is not for you.

Now to rate the bundles against each other.

Best Buy: The quantity is better than the quality. Little Big Planet was a game of the year....the game is also like...3 years old. I hear good things about LBP, but I just don't know about the replayability. I've never heard of MadNation racing. So...that's my review of that game. Cars, great movie, also the oldest of the titles being offered. So if you have a youngin that wants to a PS3 this might be for you...if you're a gamer, I suggest looking elsewhere.

Wal-Mart: Offers Uncharted 2 and Medal of Honor. I've never played them, but these games seem to be more adult oriented. Uncharted 1 was great, and MoH is a shooter which lots of people love.

K-mart: The only difference between this and the Wally World is you lose out on MoH and you get Karate Kid. So if you're not into shooters and love Jackie Chan and Little Will Smith. Here you go. Jacket on, Jacket off.

Target: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2. A very popular game, and if I'm not mistaken, the newest release of all the bundles. Prince of Persia also came out not too long ago.

Hastings: If none of those interests you, you can receive a 25 gift card and use it for other gifts. If you're savvy enough. Ask them to ring the PS3 up first. Pay for it separately. Then use the 25 gift card to pay for the rest of your stuff. (This only works if you get the gift card right away.) But if you're planning on using the gift card for other PS3 items, I recommend looking for a better deal pre-Black Friday. Like I said, a PS3 controller values at $49.99.



No comments:

Post a Comment